Thursday, August 27, 2009

The "First Pitch" Arizona Diamondbacks July 11th,2009

On July 11th, 2009 I was asked to throw out the first pitch at an Arizona Diamondbacks game. It was ALS awareness night as Lou Gehrig was remembered for his battle with ALS seventy years ago. It was a humbling and honorable experience and one that my family and I will cherish forever.
Thank you to my family and friends for sharing this special moment with me. There was over 70 members of my family and friends in attendance.

I have fond memories of playing catch with my father in my back yard. This night was the 3rd anniversary of my fathers passing. I knew that he was there with me.
My grandson Jackson ran out to help his Grandpa with some last minute coaching, with his Mommy and little brother close behind.
One proud Grandma and Grandpa!
Families are forever. Thank you for your love and support!
My Mother and her five boys celebrating her 80th Birthday. Thanks Mom for being there. It was just like old times having you in the stands getting on the umpire while I was pitching.



1 comment:

  1. This was such a fun trip. The stories and family were so great. I am glad that the picture came out as well as it did.

    ReplyDelete